Senior Systems Analyst, Rx Central Services
Date: Mar 13, 2015
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company: Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation
Job Title: Senior Systems Analyst, Rx Central Services
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Salary: Not disclosed
Senior Systems Analyst, Rx Central Services
Innovation in pharmacy, retail and now, IT.
You are an innovator. A builder. You are looking for what’s next, to put your stamp on things.
We are a leader in retail and pharmacy. Well-known and convenient. A Canadian success story for 50 years, created by recognizing needs, building services and focusing on what’s important.
And right now, our focus is IT.
We are transforming our business with IT investment in projects and systems – from architecture, application deployment and management, to implementation and production – and the people behind them.
Shoppers Drug Mart is one of the most recognized and trusted names in Canadian retailing, with over 1,200 Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores in each province and three territories. We are one of the most convenient retailers in Canada, proudly serving Canadians who believe being healthy means looking and feeling good.
We are hiring a Senior Systems Analyst, Rx Central Services
Reporting directly to Application Portfolio Manager, The incumbent will have a full understanding of an application and provide expertise in application knowledge and needs as a critical part of Software and Systems development projects and enhancements. The incumbent works with internal stakeholders and vendors to establish and translate solution requirements into effective software applications, while working within budget, time and resource constraints. The Senior Systems Analyst is accountable to document and maintain expert knowledge of the application landscape. The individual has specific expertise in application system flow, integration methods, and data managed by the application. Distinguishing abstract business needs (as defined by business requirements) in alignment with prescribed Architectures into application designs will be an important skill for the incumbent
* Application software subject matter expert: understands and documents current state, knowledge of application flow, data flow and integration methods.
* Strong analytical skills: able to interpret business needs and define technical solutions. Able to perform problem determination to get to root cause of application issues.
* Strong documentation skills: responsible for key application and project documentation including: defines system flows, technical specifications, assembles non-functional requirements.
* Strong communication: is able to describe solutions consistent with architectural standards and best practices. Able to describe technical issues in layman’s terms.
* With knowledge of the business requirements as documented, Senior Systems Analyst is accountable to participate in sessions with business stakeholders and system owners to elicit application systems goals that are realized in the application system solution to meet the business requirements.
* Accountable for gathering application systems specifications, including documentation and providing quality assurance on the requirements to ensure alignment with enterprise architecture and vision.
* Accountable for application system design, technical specifications, application gap analysis, non-functional requirements and recommending service level improvements to existing application systems.
* Accountable for application documentation including detailed system flow charts, data flow diagrams and application interfaces outlining processes and data mappings.
* Accountable for problem determination to get to root cause and resolution of application system issues that emerge through design and development, provides impact analysis of suggest changes to applications such as defect fixes.
* May be requested to conduct code reviews to ensure accuracy to technical specifications.
* Validates and enforces governance, standards and guiding principles for application development.
* Participates in the definition and preparation of software and/or services tenders, proposal evaluation, vendor selection and recommendation.
* Maintain an awareness of current and developing trends in relevant technologies, systems development methodologies and best practices.
* Maintain close ties with other Process and Technology departments including Business Analysts, Network Services, Service Desk, Shared Web Development Services and Engineering.
* May be required to install, configure and troubleshoot system software for environment builds in support of project goals.
* Provides support to the Environment Leads and Infrastructure System Leads.
Skills, Experience & Education
* Minimum 3 years of prior experience as Senior Systems Analyst within an IT or technology department.
* Experience in reviewing technical design documents
* Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a recognized institution combined with related experience in systems development and programming languages and data processing techniques.
* Technical designation an asset.
* Expert analytical and technical skills in gathering system requirements, logical data & process modelling, use case modelling, work flow modelling,
* Superior hands-on troubleshooting and design/implementation experience Knowledge of software development methodologies, frameworks, and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Competent in all phases of systems analysis and knowledge of client business technologies and processes
* Ability to quickly grasp third party applications, vendor technical specifications and guides
* Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
* Proven track record of teamwork, initiative and ownership to drive processes and solve problems
* Strong leadership, mentoring, coaching and motivational skills.
* Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details
* Strong documentation skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
* Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Skilled in Microsoft Office desktop products
* Minimum 3 years of prior experience as Senior Systems Analyst within an IT or technology department
* Expert knowledge of enterprise Java Development (J2EE, JEE)
* Experience designing algorithms
* Experience gathering non-functional requirements
* Experience with Websphere, WebLogic or JBOSS would be nice to have
* Experience with SQL (querying, writing scripts)
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a recognized institution combined with related experience in systems development and programming languages and data processing techniques.
Certificates, Licenses or Registration
Technical designations an asset.
We are Canada’s largest pharmacy retailer, and we have a potentially once in a career opportunity for talented technology and computer professionals as we are transforming our business with IT investment in projects and systems – from architecture, application deployment and management, to implementation and production – and the people behind them.
Be part of something new that will have a significant impact on your career, our company, and our customers from coast to coast. Be part of a caring organization that supports our community and provides Canadians with services in health, beauty and convenience across the country.
Be part of Shoppers. Optimized.
And on top of that, every year, Shoppers Drug Mart employees at Central office, and in the stores of our Associate Owners, contribute more time, money and effort to great charitable causes across Canada.
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we have always remained true to our belief that the root of our success lies with our people. We pride ourselves on providing more ways to care about our patients, customers and community.
We offer unique work, and the benefits you would expect from a large corporation, all with a smaller company feel, as well as:
* A high energy and varied workplace that strives for and rewards excellence.
* Competitive pay structures, rewarding strong and consistent performance
* A highly customizable benefits plan, including a vacation purchase option
* Peer recognition programs
* Employee discounts on in-store purchases
* Opportunities for skill development and advancement in your work
* Learning and development through our SDM University
* Strong culture of charitable and community involvement
* Unique chance to work with an organization that is committed to improving the health and well being of Canadians
Job Segment: Systems Analyst, Pharmacy, Developer, Computer Science, Service Desk, Technology, Healthcare, Customer Service