Mississauga Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: GTAZGTWB
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-timeApply Now
Job Id : GTAZGTWB
Job Id : GTAZGTWB
Job Ref 2016-401
Job Type Full-time
The Patient Contact Centre Pharmacist will utilize their clinical skill and communication abilities in support of one or more contact center based clinical programs.
Nature and Scope:
In support of program operations, the Pharmacist will be required to work individually or in a team environment. Most programs will require telephonic outreach to patients, prescribers or retail pharmacies and require strict adherence to program standard operating procedures and scripting.
- Successfully complete all required program training and testing
- Convey a positive company image on the telephone and within the workplace at all times
- Consult with patients regarding active drug therapy and drug utilization as prescribed by their health care professional.
- Data entry of clinical and non-clinical information into application databases
- Achievement of specific quality goals related to adherence to standard operating procedures and scripting
- Provide leadership and support to team members and ensure adherence to program procedures and compliance with all legal requirements and standards of pharmacy practice
- Provide ongoing feedback to management regarding program operations and potential improvements to quality, efficiency, and overall program performance
- Maintains patient confidentiality in all interactions including handling of prescriptions, volume of voice, shredding of documents, and the attainment of patient consent
- Practice within legal requirements and ethical principles, and demonstrate professional integrity and acting to uphold professional standard of practice
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified to counsel patients in both of Canada’s official languages, English and French
- Insured and currently licensed with the Ontario College of Pharmacist (Part A), in good standing
- Exceptional verbal skills and written communication skills
- Strong quality orientation, attention to detail, and the ability to learn and adhere to compliance/audit requirements
- Proficient in data entry, and the use of Windows-based programs
- Maintains high ethical standards
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as licensed, practicing pharmacist
- Flexible to work rotating shifts, the Patient Contact Centre is open from 9am to 11pm, Monday to Friday
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts