Director, Pharmacy Transformation
Toronto Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: R2000006520
Employment Type: null
Job Id : R2000006520
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
We are a leader in retail and pharmacy. Well-known and convenient, with an extensive store network servicing the needs of Canadians.
We are a Canadian success story of 50 years, created by recognizing needs, building relationships and focusing on doing what’s needed for our patients and customers.
And right now, that means providing more ways to care through our pharmacy services.
Our Pharmacy team at our Central office drives the strategy and service planning for our store pharmacies, to ensure our patients get the best and most innovative services to help them with their healthcare needs.
We help ensure Shoppers remains a leader in retail pharmacy, innovating new product and service offerings on a national and provincial stage, setting strategy, taking smart risks and responsibility for our recommendations, and getting things done.
Shoppers Drug Mart is one of the most recognized and trusted names in Canadian retailing, with over 1,200 Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores in each province and three territories. We are one of the most convenient retailers in Canada, proudly serving Canadians who believe being healthy means looking and feeling good.
We are hiring a Director – Pharmacy Transformation.
Reporting directly to Vice President, Pharmacy Operations, this position owns the detailed Pharmacy transformation program plan (multiple work-streams); drawing and raising insights from the program plan for leadership.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the execution and results for key cross-functional pharmacy projects;
- Monitor and reports on performance against deliverables and target agreed upon by Executives
- Champion project management disciplines and provides the processes, structures, and tools for individual project management and program management across the transformation.
- Own and manage the detailed integrated transformation program plan, critical dependencies and resourcing needs; drawing and raising insights for leadership.
- Support field roll-outs of initiatives with special input on change management & timing.
- Take ownership of the transformation roadmap and plan, surfaces capacity, pacing, resourcing issues and any other red flag issues needing leadership attention.
- Ensure timelines are adhered to for initiatives by keeping executives aware of any risks concerning the timing or integration process.
- Prepare comprehensive change and workforce transition plans and programs, including strategies to support change and transition initiatives and leadership.
- Create communication mechanisms for managing and tracking progress against targets, creates and maintains initiative plans, and prepares management reporting and assesses and reports on risks to transformation program.
What You'll Need:
- Systematic approach to transforming strategic goals into short- and mid-term tactical objectives and steps
- Experience in best in class consistent change processes, methods, and standards leveraging proven change tools, frameworks, and assets (e.g. change readiness tools, capability frameworks, models for technology adoption).
- Strong program/project management skill set.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively present information to relevant stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills - ability to create hypothesis for problem solutions and structure analysis to support it; ability to rapidly gather, structure, and present data analysis
- Proven ability to intake, comprehend, synthesize and communicate stakeholder concerns
- Ability to understand various macro forces and their implications to Shoppers Drug Mart
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, without close supervision
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Enthusiasm and tenacity to carry out difficult tasks through to the end
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in managing business transformation projects and teams.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field.
- Expertise and experience in strategy development and operations improvement.
- Experience with developing and executing large scale, complex and enterprise wide business transformation programs (1000+ people, national breadth, cross functional expertise).
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Program / Portfolio Management and project management, e.g. PMP, Prince2, or Lean Six Sigma.
- Extremely proficient in the use of Microsoft Power Point, Excel and Word
- Pharmacy experience an asset
We are currently focusing on our teams at Central office, to provide the best support to our Stores and their teams, and ensure our customers and patients are best served by visiting Shoppers.
For the Pharmacy team, that means continuing to review, understand and respond to industry and customer changes, by developing new initiatives and new services valued by customers and stakeholders. And we continue to ensure traditional services continue to be valuable offerings, provided efficiently and effectively to everyone’s benefit.
And on top of that, every year, Shoppers Drug Mart employees at Central office, and in the stores of our Associate Owners, contribute more time, money and effort to great charitable causes across Canada.
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we have always remained true to our belief that the root of our success lies with our people. We pride ourselves on providing more ways to care about our patients, customers and community.
We offer unique work, and the benefits you would expect from a large corporation, all with a smaller company feel, as well as:
- A high energy and varied workplace that strives for and rewards excellence.
- Competitive pay structures, rewarding strong and consistent performance
- A highly customizable benefits plan, including a vacation purchase option
- Peer recognition programs
- Employee discounts on in-store purchases
- Opportunities for skill development and advancement in your work
- Learning and development through our SDM University
- Strong culture of charitable and community involvement
- Unique chance to work with an organization that is committed to improving the health and well being of Canadians
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts