Assistant, Pharmacy Procurement - Medisystem Pharmacy
Toronto Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: R2000006729
Employment Type: null
Job Id : R2000006729
Location:Unit 3 - 75 Lesmill Road, Toronto, Ontario, M3B 2T8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Reporting directly to the Manager, Pharmacy Procurement, you will support all data management systems - CRx, TecSys, and VMS – for pricing and product listings, Dedicated Supplier Product (DSP) maintenance, deals and allowances, vendor information, etc. In addition, you will assist in the general administration/management of product inventory and supply issues and implementation of specific programs to maximize sales, gross margin dollars and improve market share.
What You'll Do:
- Enter and maintain all price changes to ensure all product pricing are up to date and accurate.
- Enter, maintain and monitor all critical product listing information to ensure details are up to date and accurate.
- Enter, maintain and monitor all critical information including key financial data to ensure records are current and accurate.
- Monitor, maintain and manage DSPs.
- Review all provincial formularies to ensure all pricing are aligned with provincial drug benefit coverage.
- Ensure communication for product and/or program updates/changes are posted on the In-Store-Web.
- Provide support to all Remedy and store inquiries directed to Pharmacy Procurement team, obtain feedback from other department members as needed to resolve issues or concerns in a timely manner.
- Manage and maintain vendor profiles in VMS.
- Verify and follow set up procedures to enter deals and include allowances for vendors and products.
- Review system discrepancy reports to ensure an accurate flow of information between CRx and other SDM corporate systems and ensure accuracy of all data elements.
- Ensure all vendor return policies are current, and forward all updates to Matrix and other relevant SDM departments, as necessary, to ensure timely and accurate exchange of information.
- Monitor and liaise with inventory management department to ensure prompt delivery of pharmaceutical products and actively manage inventory supply issues.
What You'll Need:
- Undergraduate degree is required in science, math or statistics
- Financial analysis skills is considered an asset
- Strong analytical ability, problem solving and attention to detail
- Microstrategy or equivalent experience is considered an asset
- Requires an understanding of inter-related work processes to be able to adapt to differing assignments.
- Provide routine information to coordinate the assignments and work procedures of others.
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with vendors and colleagues including senior management.
- Draws on a number of known options to solve problems and to develop improvements.
- Computer skills to produce effective, spreadsheets, reports, documents and presentations, as required. Database management.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicate with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required
- Business acumen - demonstrated understanding of quality standards relative to pharmaceutical products and knowledge of provincial formulary guidelines and drug scheduling
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts