Senior Manager, Pharmacy Pricing
Toronto Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: R2000007598
Employment Type: null
Job Id : R2000007598
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Reporting directly to the Senior Director, Pharmacy Planning and Pricing, You will lead the Pharmacy Pricing team to analyze and develop pricing strategies on prescriptions, pharmacy products and services; with tactics by store or group of stores, to maximize gross margin dollars, and support the strategic, legislative and contractual requirements of the company. The incumbent identifies margin opportunities and conducts impact analysis to provide supporting documentation and individualized store impact reports. Pricing recommendations are developed and implemented with the alignment and support of the operating regions, including the Senior Directors of Pharmacy and Vice Presidents of Operations.
What You'll Do:
- Identify strategic gross margin initiatives by province and payor and conducts detailed analysis to support initiatives including the analysis of pricing positions relative to the competition, and the identification of potential regulatory or policy risk. Creates business cases to detail the financial impact of proposed initiatives.
- Liaise with and coordinates corporate and regional resources to develop and implement action plans to support new initiatives, and execute and implement pricing strategies including the creation of store level documentation.
- Oversee workloads and provides staff supervision to ensure that work is done accurately, efficiently and complies with policies, procedures and standards as well as best working practices.
- Provide guidance, motivation, and performance review including hiring and terminating employees, to maintain and enhance competency levels, identify future training requirements and achieve goals to increase performance.
- Manage retrieval of data and generates and creates reports for business users and senior management to detail potential and actual financial impact of pricing initiatives.
- Establish pricing for acquisitions, roll-ins and new store openings including conversion to the SDM and LCL pricing model to ensure accuracy.
- Review and interprets third party contracts and reimbursement structures for potential changes to SDM and LCL pricing to provide recommendations during negotiations.
- Liaise with the Professional Affairs team to review and interpret government and third party contracts and reimbursement structures for potential changes to SDM and LCL pricing and provide recommendations during negotiations
- Manage external pricing research and analysis to ensure accuracy timeliness of relevant data.
- Manage second level support of store inquires and resolve issue related to pricing.
What You'll Need:
- This position requires an advanced level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
- Requires the ability to improve work processes and teams.
- Supervise related processes and people by leading work or project teams.
- Provide solutions by using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required.
- Utilize decision making skills to determine the best use of resources and operational processes.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicate with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Communicate well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proofreading is required.
- Computer skills to produces effective reports, spreadsheets, documents and presentations. Database management and manipulation.
- Knowledge of pharmacy industry, prescription pricing practices and principles, business administration.
- Five plus years of analytics or pharmacy experience
- Retail Pharmacy Pricing experience strongly preferred
- People management experience is an asset
- Business/Economics, MBA, or Healthcare degree would be considered an asset
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts