Quality Improvement Nurse
London Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: GTAZGTEV
Employment Type: Contract
Job Type: ContractApply Now
Job Id : GTAZGTEV
Job Id : GTAZGTEV
Job Ref 2016-405
Job Type Contract
To complete audits, drug destruction and quality improvement activities within the long term care facilities. To support pharmacy systems within the facility through nursing staff education, monitoring, and reporting to ensure optimal effectiveness.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete MediSystem audits on a regularly scheduled basis, complete reports, and work with facilities to improve areas where gaps are identified.
- Conduct monthly drug destruction and emergency box checks as per MediSystem and Ministry policies.
- Support pharmacy systems within the facility by monitoring the usage, identify gaps and work with facilities to optimize the use.
- Maintain client relationships by point of contact between clients and pharmacy operations.
- To assist in the pharmacy system implementation and orientation with facility personnel to ensure a smooth transition and delivery of optimal client service through inservice education.
- Ensure upgraded hardware and software are updated at client sites. (ie. digital, electronic MAR, client care portal).
- Prepare and deliver presentations to nursing staff.
- To maintain current knowledge of MediSystem Pharmacy operations, nursing practice, and long-term care practice and utilize that knowledge to educate and advise facility staff in order to improve their practices.
- Provide continuously quality improvement by completion of reviews of nursing organization and administrative procedures as they relate to the pharmacy system, analysis of nursing techniques, then report recommendations to long term care facility.
- Ability to travel extensively throughout Ontario, including extended driving, occasional air travel, and occasional overnight stays.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule upon short notice.
- Occasional night or evening shifts or extended shifts.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Completion of college level certificate in nursing.
- Registered member of the College of Nurses of Ontario (RPN)
- Experience and demonstrated strong performance as a nurse educator.
- Experience working in a long-term care facility, or demonstrated current knowledge of nursing practice in a long-term care setting
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office suite, email and internet, and ability to develop working knowledge of MediSystem pharmacy software programs.
- Current knowledge of nursing standards and best practices.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills
- Interpersonal and team playing skills
- Self-sufficient, customer service, client relationship building skills
- Presentation and teaching skills
- Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects
- Problem solving skills
- Valid Ontario Drivers License, with good driving record and ability to travel throughout Ontario
EQUIPMENT & TECHNOLOGY USED
- Basic computer and typing skills (35 wpm)
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts