Senior Manager, Brand Pharmaceutical Partnerships
Toronto Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: R2000007605
Employment Type: null
Job Id : R2000007605
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Reporting to the Director Brand Pharmaceutical Partnerships, you will be responsible for procurement negotiations and maximizing commercial opportunities in support of strategic initiatives. As the Manager Pharmacy Brand Procurement you will provide a consistent approach in analyzing, measuring and proactively uncovering commercial pharmacy and distribution opportunities.
One of the primary functions of this role is collaborating with brand pharmaceutical manufactures to identify opportunities for enhancing Procurement, Category Management / Patient Care Services and Health Solutions programs. In this capacity you will lead collaborations and create analytical models to determine impact of strategic partnerships and initiatives.
What You'll Do:
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with pharmaceutical manufacturers and coordinate communication strategies to engage internal and external stakeholders for effective implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Utilize critical thinking to deliver strict financial targets and uncover new opportunities resulting from market, channel, regulatory and product lifecycle changes.
- Directly participate in the analysis and negotiations surrounding strategic business initiatives.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the Canadian pharmaceutical marketplace with respect to brand manufacturer performance, pharmaceutical distribution, therapeutic market share, competitive challenges, reimbursement constraints and emerging market trends.
- In support of internal business activities, leverage CRM tools and manufacturer performance scorecard components to ensure a consistent and credible view of financial targets and commercial opportunities.
What You'll Need:
- University Degree in Business or Relevant Experience
- Three (3) or more years of experience in the pharmaceutical marketplace
- Solid understanding of pharmaceutical distribution logistics and brand pharmaceutical channel marketing tactics
- Strong methodological, quantitative and analytical skills combined with the ability to make sound commercial recommendations and decisions
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and prioritization skills
- Outstanding verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability in leading and contributing to cross-functional teams; excellent skills in leading without authority and managing through influence
- Ability to drive innovative commercial business opportunities through internal and external collaborations
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts