Richmond British Columbia Canada
Requisition Number: GTAZGTEV
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-timeApply Now
Job Id : GTAZGTEV
Job Id : GTAZGTEV
Job Ref 2016-406
Job Type Full-time
Medisystem Pharmacy is not your typical pharmacy. Medisystem leverages multi-dose technology to produce specialized medication packaging solutions. We are dedicated to our mission to provide innovative pharmacy services for residents and patients in long term care, retirement communities, and organizations that deliver specialized care and to positively impacting health care outcomes through leading edge technology, exceptional clinical expertise, operational excellence, and personalized customer service.
About the Role:
As a Pharmacy Assistant - Prescription Entry, you will use your expertise within the pharmacy industry to specialize in the inputting of prescriptions into MediSystem Pharmacy's pharmacy computer system.
Along with the accurate processing of the patient/resident prescriptions, changes, and refills, you will also be responsible for entering and updating patient/resident electronic records.
You will use your strong communication skills to discuss important information between colleagues and external partners (physicians/nurses located at the long-term care facility), as it relates to the patient/resident prescriptions and their profiles.
- Retrieve faxed or electronic physician's orders, prescriptions or requests for prescription refills
- Enter prescriptions, refills and prescription changes into the patient's record
- Create new patient profiles and maintain existing patient records on the MediSystem database
- Prepare prescription label printouts
- Perform ad hoc tasks as required
- An Undergraduate degree from an accredited university with a focus in the areas of science and/or a Pharmacy related diploma/certificate is preferred
- Previous work experience using Kroll is definitely an asset
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Positive attitude with excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with a passion for providing high quality client services and building relationships
- A team player and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills with the ability to navigate through a variety of computer systems quickly
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills (for the entry of prescriptions)
- High attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Work experience / knowledge with weekly dispensing either in multi-dose packaging or compliance packaging is an asset
This role requires employees to be flexible to work a variety of shifts during the business’ hours of operations, which include occasional weekend shifts and statutory holidays.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts