Senior Category Director - Mass Beauty
Toronto Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: R2000007651
Employment Type: null
Job Id : R2000007651
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
The Senior Category Director is accountable for achieving the profitable sales growth for a group of categories across all formats. The role provides support to both Loblaw and Shoppers Drug Mart.
The incumbent will provide leadership and direction to all of their categories in planning, vendor management, product assortment, space allocations, pricing and promotion in support of overall group objectives. This includes all functions that impact these financial objectives, including determining product assortment, pricing, promotion, and planogram layout, liaising with marketing, conducting financial analyses, reporting, and monitoring store execution.
• Reports to VP, Category Management
• Supports a team of Category Managers (at both SDM and Loblaw)
What You'll Do:
• Ensure your team of Category Managers’ product assortment, sales and buying plans are in place to support the achievement of individual category and roll up (unit, format) targets.
• Achieve national category P&L and GMROI for assigned categories, including inventory carrying costs.
• Implement promotions and programs for all categories across all formats ensuring that promotional plan, including item selection and pricing,fit within Business Unit and format strategic and functional objectives.
• Execute control label objectives as specified by the leaders of the segment and control brand by providing direction and leadership to category teams in achieving annual sales, share and profit objectives.
• Communicate category cluster, category change and activity, and merchandising standards for each format.
• Develop, monitor and manage within annual category operating budgets.
• Manage, train, motivate and appraise direct reports including on-the-job training needs for each team member.
What You'll Need:
• Post-secondary education in Business or Retail program is an asset.
• 5-10 years of related experience merchandising and operations.
• Track record of personal and team achievement.
• Demonstrates a sound, credible leadership style.
• Strong analytical, strategic and consumer insight skills.
• Progressive and innovative: aggressively seeks out opportunities to improve competitiveness and demonstrates an innovative spirit.
• Delivers results in a high-pressure environment with the ability to set priorities and meet challenging deadlines.
• Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, communications and negotiation skills.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts