Richmond British Columbia Canada
Requisition Number: GTAZGTFE
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-timeApply Now
Job Id : GTAZGTFE
Job Id : GTAZGTFE
Job Ref 2016-407
Job Type Full-time
MediSystem Pharmacy is committed to optimizing the health, wellness and safety of all residents that we service through the introduction of innovative technologies, continuing education, enhanced clinical services and seamless medication delivery.
Our company's CORE values reflect how we treat all residents, staff in the homes as well as our employees. We CARE about all Canadians, we believe in OWNERSHIP and accountability, RESPECT, and EXCELLENCE in the services we provide.
The successful candidate will join the supervisory team in Richmond Operations to help drive the change required for operational excellence and to promote learning, growth and development within the organization.
About the Role:
As a supporting member of the MediSystem Site Operations Supervisory Team, reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Pharmacist Lead will play a critical role in meeting established quality and productivity goals in a fast paced Long Term Care pharmaceutical production facility.
- Responsible to work in an efficient and collaborative manner with direct staff and internal and external clients.
- Provide sustained performance and engagement through effective leadership, utilizing a high level of integrity, communication and involvement
- Regularly review operations and employee performance indicators, including necessary documentation to ensure objectives are met; with assistance from the Pharmacy Operations Management Team, ensure appropriate performance management practices are incorporated including onboarding of new hires, goal setting, regular feedback, progressive discipline, mid-year and annual reviews are conducted
- Oversee pharmacist and data technician workflow to optimize medication delivery schedules
- Work collaboratively with the Team lead
- Identify and work to develop high potential team members
- Establish a unified team and maintain consistency of workflow across the team
- Support Pharmacist duties becoming proficient in Kroll, PCC and OnCall services to be able to support as needed
- Embrace the core values of the organization; Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence
- Assess employee performance and hold regular development reviews.
- Manage the pharmacist and data department to ensure staff have clear directions, have the required resources and are motivated towards meeting production schedules and departmental objectives.
- Establish/coordinate schedules and daily assignments for staff.
- Actively participate in staff hiring, employee engagement and health and safety
- Fully investigate and document medication incident, responding appropriately to clients as required.
- Identify, investigate, correct and document potential regulatory and safety concerns within operations
- Troubleshoot situations that arise and determine resolution quickly to ensure minimal disruption to operations.
- Coordinate, manage and effectively complete all administrative responsibilities. This would include timesheet, vacation coverage, incident and corrective action reports, development review processes, etc.
- Understand, meet and embrace the operational budgets, while able to communicate and teach the fundamentals of fiscal responsibility and operational excellence.
- Chair regular pharmacist meetings and attend regular data team meetings
- Encourage clinical collaboration and excellence
- Participate in special projects to assist development goals and improve production processes to optimize procedures and/or reduce costs
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Experience working Long Term Care Pharmacy
- Currently licensed with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia and in good standing
- Change implementer - ability to develop a powerful sense of shared purpose in others and motivate them to embrace change; ability to develop, communicate and gain commitment from the organization to do things differently in order to obtain higher levels of performance; ability to assess talent and implement programs to raise baseline performance; adept at balancing data, personalities and positional power when influencing others.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Proven experience building highly effective teams and a fun and rewarding culture
- Excellent communication , coaching and customer services skills
- Knowledge of all policies, procedures and duties related to customer service
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving skills
- Must relate well to people with diverse personalities and styles, and is able to manage up, down, across and outside of the organization using tact and diplomacy.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Strong MS Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint) , KROLL skills are preferred
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
For more information on our pharmacy services, please visit our website at: www.imedisystem.com.
Requisition Number: GTAZGTFE
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts