Employee Relations Analyst
Toronto Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: R2000007718
Employment Type: null
Job Id : R2000007718
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
What You'll Do:
- Manages data validation for annual engagement surveys and Associate Owner relationship survey to ensure organizational hierarchy is built accurately for report roll-ups, historical mapping, etc.
- Performs detailed analysis of survey data to identify trends, areas of success/opportunity, etc.
- Accountability for sourcing, inputting and validating data to generate reports for Employee Experience and Talent Acquisition COEs in a timely manner to meet prescribed deadlines. This includes, but is not limited to Vacancy Reports and validating Retail Ceridian payroll files.
- Provides administrative support for HR processes and programs, such as the Extra Mile Recognition Program, Engagement Surveys, training programs and HR Compliance initiatives.
- Manages the HR Dashboard by sourcing, uploading and maintaining store related data for the SDM Retail HRD and HRBP team.
- Administers HR Access site including managing user access, content updates and adhoc issues.
- Responds to general HR service requests for employees and managers while meeting the service level agreements.
- Provides guidance and interpretation for HR policies to employees and managers requiring assistance or clarification.
- Generates standard and ad hoc HR system reports for HR staff and business partners as required.
- Completes filing tasks as assigned. Performs detailed analysis of Employee and Pharmacist surveys to identify trends, differences, and key business indicators and gauge employee climate and Pharmacist retention issues.
- Provides qualitative conclusions to explain trends, potential impact and recommends solutions.
- Updates and revises human resources policies and guidelines to ensure compliance with provincial employment standards. Researches and advises on changes in provincial employment legislation, common law decisions, jurisprudence, and other employment trends.
- Updates and maintains each provincial document accounting for legislative standards and SDM policies and practices to ensure accurate and current information is available.
What You'll Need:
This position requires a demonstrated level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
- Requires an understanding of inter-related work processes to be able to adapt to differing assignments.
- Provides routine information to coordinate the assignments and work procedures of others.
- Ability to pay close attention to details. Makes sure work is done correctly and thoroughly - keeps accurate records.
- Computer skills to produce effective reports, documents and presentations.
- Strong understanding of databases and the tools used to report/monitor them.
- Knowledge of human resources recruitment and retention practices and procedures.
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with colleagues including senior management.
- Draws on a number of known options to solve problems and to develop improvements.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required
Education & Job Knowledge:
Post secondary education with courses in Human Resources, Business or equivalent.
Greater than two years, but less than or equal to three years human resources/business or equivalent experience.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts