Senior Graphic Designer
Toronto Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: R2000007782
Employment Type: null
Job Id : R2000007782
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Senior Graphic Designer
Reporting to the Sr. Manager Brand Communications, the Senior Graphic Designer will be responsible for the conception, art direction and creation of Shoppers Drug Mart marketing materials for promotions, events, seasonal campaigns, etc. The incumbent will take each project from conception stage to final execution across all channels (in-store signage, SDM Web & Email, Digital Ads, Direct Mail, Newspaper Ads, Flyer, etc.) in accordance with Shoppers Drug Mart brand standards. Balancing creative thinking with time management and excellent interpersonal skills, the incumbent will demonstrate the ability to multi task/create and communicate ideas with acute attention to detail.
What You'll Do:
• Develop and produce concepts and creative for Shoppers Drug Mart marketing initiatives
• Develop the overall look and style of a campaign
• Determine the photography, art or other design elements to be used
• Strong understanding of how to integrate creative throughout many channels (in-store signage, SDM Web & Email, Digital Ads, Direct Mail, Newspaper Ads, Flyer, etc.)
• Work collaboratively within the creative team (Copy Writers, Production Artists) to ensure designs communicate the desired message
• Must be a self-starter with excellent attention to detail, organizational, communication, and project management skills, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Pitch, present and champion ideas & concepts to senior team members
• Research and provide recommendations based on best practices as well as industry and consumer trends
• Implement design solutions to support the direction and focus established for projects
• Ensure the integrity of all creative is maintained according to brand guideline and standards
• Assist in clearly defining the production requirements for each project
• Work proficiently in a MAC environment using InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
What You'll Need:
• College or University degree in Graphic Design
• 5-7 years of experience in the Graphic Design/Art Direction/Marketing field in creative development and execution
• Experience in a retail environment is preferred
• Excellent creative and visual conceptualization, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively pitch and present ideas
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, evolving, dynamic environment
• Detail oriented, highly enthusiastic and a team player, with positive attitude and high energy level
• Ability to execute projects from rough concepts to the finished product across all channels
• Knowledgeable in all aspects of graphic design: layout, typography, colour theory and production processes
• Ability to develop innovative design solutions in accordance with company requirements and within brand standards
• Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines
• In-depth knowledge of all design related software applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat)
• Bilingualism (French/English) is considered an asset
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts