Registered Pharmacy Technician
Barrie Ontario Canana
Requisition Number: GTAZGTUE
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-timeApply Now
Job Id : GTAZGTUE
Job Id : GTAZGTUE
Job Ref 2016-408
Job Type Full-time
MediSystem Pharmacy, a Shoppers Drug Mart Company, is an established specialty pharmacy that provides pharmaceutical dispensing and clinical pharmacy consulting services to long term care facilities across Canada. MediSystem services 40,000 residents in over 300 facilities and is proud to be 100% Canadian owned and operated.
MediSystem Pharmacy is committed to optimizing the health, wellness and safety of all residents that we service through the introduction of innovative technologies, continuing education, enhanced clinical services and seamless medication delivery.
Our company's CORE values reflect how we treat all residents, staff in the homes as well as our employees. We CARE about all Canadians, we believe in OWNERSHIP and accountability, RESPECT, and EXCELLENCE in the services we provide.
At MediSystem Pharmacy, you can use your skills to do meaningful work that has a real impact, in an environment that promotes learning, growth and opportunity. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, MediSystem Pharmacy can turn your potential into performance that is recognized and rewarded. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, and a work life balance.
About the Role:
Under the direct supervision of a MediSystem Pharmacist, the Registered Pharmacy Technician will perform a variety of tasks related to the high-volume distribution of prescribed drugs to various long-term care sites.
- Confirm and check pharmaceutical products prepared to ensure accuracy and completeness of all prescription orders prior to delivery
- Check multi-dose medication strips for accuracy
- Keep current with and apply knowledge of legal requirements, professional standards, and where provided, workplace policies and procedures
- Licensed and registered with the College of Pharmacists as Registered Pharmacy Technician (RPhT), in good standing
- Liability insurance to legally practice as a RPhT
- A minimum of 1 year of continuous working experience in a pharmacy environment (Long Term Care, Hospital, or Retail)
- Experience with high volume filling environments is an asset
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail
- Complete work with minimum supervision
- Team player and Leadership skills
- Hospital pharmacy experience or Long Term Care pharmacy background is an asset
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts