Product Manager, Beauty
Toronto Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: R2000007743
Employment Type: null
Job Id : R2000007743
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
We are hiring a Product Manager, Beauty
Reporting directly to Senior Vice President, Merchandising the incumbent develops and implements plans for assigned private label cosmetic products and product categories to increase market penetration, drive sales and profitability growth and contribute to the success of private label opportunities
What You'll Do
* Researches beauty /cosmetics market, completes the product rationale, supplier selection, creates the product and packaging, establishes sales projections, inventory forecasts, negotiates costing, recommends pricing, advertising, merchandising promotions to successfully develop and deliver new private label products and line extensions.
* Develops and implements strategies aligned with Beauty Category Management to maximize private label penetration, market share, sales volume and profitability in assigned product categories.
* Responsible for strategic management of assigned beauty brands in order to achieve business targets including awareness, brand loyalty , volume ,spend and PL penetration.
* Develops strategies for existing products and categories including merchandising and packaging, pricing, promotions, advertising and public relations to ensure continued growth and maximize sales potential.
* Utilize financial and management information systems to compile, analyze and monitors sales results and expenses and recommends corrective action as required.
* Develops and maintains good working relationship with the manufacturers and distributors to ensure proper execution of product launches and optimum service levels.
* Prepares and presents business and category reviews as required to discuss existing product development plans, sales performance, new product opportunities, service levels, quality and promotions.
* Participates in department meetings and merchandising conferences to develop strategies, trouble shoot and actively pursue innovative items, ingredients and packaging ideas.
* Monitor and analyze beauty market trends and the competition.
* Coordinates product development time line of core planogram products and seasonal colour cosmetics and cosmetic accessories collections and in store displays.
* Deliver internal and external presentations regarding new beauty product introductions, marketing materials, and business objectives
* Coordinate regular meetings and prepare reports outlining the assigned brands performance and managing brands P&L.
* Lead the team, oversees workloads and provides staff supervision to ensure that work is done accurately, efficiently and complies with policies, procedures and standards as well as best working practices.
* Provides leadership, guidance, motivation, and performance review including hiring and terminating employees, to maintain and enhance competency levels, identify future training requirements and achieve goals to increase performance.
What You'll Need:
This position requires sound understanding of current beauty and cosmetics industry plus advanced level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
* Requires an ability to apply concepts and theories to improve functions or units.
* Manages a function or unit by focusing on achievement of objectives.
* Requires specialized interpersonal skills to resolve situations with colleagues where there may be some level of conflict, stress or uncertainty.
* Provides solutions by using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required.
* Utilizes collaborative decision making skills to achieve specific organizational objectives with consideration given to their impact on other work groups.
* Great understanding of beauty target market, segmentation and brand positioning
* Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to adapt and work with diverse personalities and styles.
* Advanced understanding of beauty marketing, merchandising practices and procedures. Strong analytical and negotiating skills
* Computer skills to produce effective reports, documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
* Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
* Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required.
Education & Job Knowledge:
Post secondary education equivalent to a university degree in Business, Marketing, Merchandising or equivalent.
7+years in product development /merchandising or equivalent experience preferably in beauty industry.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts