Toronto Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: GTAZGTGT
Employment Type: Contract
Job Type: ContractApply Now
Job Id : GTAZGTGT
Job Id : GTAZGTGT
Job Ref 2016-412
Job Type Contract
MediSystem Pharmacy, a Shoppers Drug Mart Company, is an established specialty pharmacy that provides pharmaceutical dispensing and clinical pharmacy consulting services to long term care facilities across Canada. MediSystem services 40,000 residents in over 300 facilities and is proud to be 100% Canadian owned and operated.
MediSystem Pharmacy is committed to optimizing the health, wellness and safety of all residents that we service through the introduction of innovative technologies, continuing education, enhanced clinical services and seamless medication delivery.
Our company's CORE values reflect how we treat all residents, staff in the homes as well as our employees. We CARE about all Canadians, we believe in OWNERSHIP and accountability, RESPECT, and EXCELLENCE in the services we provide.
At MediSystem Pharmacy, you can use your skills to do meaningful work that has a real impact, in an environment that promotes learning, growth and opportunity. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, MediSystem Pharmacy can turn your potential into performance that is recognized and rewarded. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, and a work life balance.
About the Role:
To ensure all prescriptions are dispensed in accordance with provincial regulations and company policies (professional / legal requirements) in order to provide the highest quality pharmaceutical care.
- Ensure that all pharmacy staff complies with all company policies and operating procedures (regulatory/legal requirements) to enable pharmacists to deliver pharmaceutical care.
- Train and supervise dispensary staff as required.
- Assist in setting and achieving financial objectives for the company.
- Assist in maintaining pharmacy inventory.
- Present a professional image and provide friendly customer service.
- Ensure that all dispensary staff presents a professional image and provide friendly customer service to foster relationship building. Stress the importance of their role in achieving satisfactory customer service.
- Ensure that narcotics are properly received and recorded at the dispensary.
- Ensure current and accurate professional profiles for all patients are maintained. Patient profiles must be updated on an ongoing basis to include correct spelling, address, phone, postal code, birth date, allergies and medical conditions.
- Ensure that all prescriptions are processed using the triple check method and in accordance with professional/legal requirements.
- Provide pharmaceutical interventions and document course of action.
- Minimize medication incidents according to company policies and procedures.
- In the event of a medication incident follow protocol for reporting.
- Maintain balanced inventory to achieve projected inventory turns.
- Maintain all educational materials and literature and provided to patients where appropriate.
- Ensure that all professional and dispensary staff participates in training programs, and that staff share what they learned with other staff.
- Document professional services rendered and the outcomes achieved as the direct result of providing pharmaceutical interventions.
- The Pharmacist will document that dialogue occurred for both new and repeat prescriptions where provincial legislation requires it.
- Assist in ensuring timely and accurate completion of third party processing, billing, re-submissions, and reporting.
- Patient privacy and confidentiality is protected in accordance with regulations.
- Comply with all federal and provincial pharmacy regulations.
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Currently licensed with the College of Pharmacists of Ontario and in good standing
- Minimum of two years of experience as a Pharmacist in a long-term care, retail, and/or hospital pharmacy setting.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Superior interpersonal skills, with a commitment to provide exceptional customer service
- Highly organized, takes initiative, and has excellent problem solving and decision making skills
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
For more information on our pharmacy services, please visit our website at: www.imedisystem.com.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts