Manager, Market Access
Toronto Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: R2000005366
Employment Type: null
Job Id : R2000005366
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
The Manager, Market Access reports directly to the Sr. Director, Generic Pharmaceutical Partnerships in a role designed to help drive generic pharmaceutical products. The Manager, Market Access will be responsible for maximizing product profitability by developing and executing strategies in the areas of market access, product pricing and supply.
What You'll Do:
Working closely within the entire Pharmacy group as well as other cross functional areas, the Manager, Market Access will deliver excellence in the following areas:
New generic launch price management
Responsible for entry level pricing for Sanis products, taking into account all competitive, regulatory, and environmental market dynamics
Manage all impacts (claims, reporting, forecasting) arising from new generic launches
Existing generic product price management
Manage all price change events within our entire generic portfolio, taking into account all competitive, regulatory, and environmental market dynamics
Manage all impacts (claims, reporting, forecasting) arising from price change events
Market Access for Sanis brand
Develop and maintain relationships with regulatory consultants and provincial formulary administrative teams in support of the Sanis portfolio with respect to all product listing and pricing activities
Working closely with external and internal regulatory resources, develop and implement strategies to minimize time to market
Develop and maintain a system to track and monitor public and private payer listings and reimbursement by province
Provide pricing support to the Manager, Generics in developing and maintaining the optimal generic portfolio in alignment with our commercial objectives Provide pricing support including pricing erosion forecasts in support of the revenue plan Function as in-house company source for various aspects of generic pharmaceutical intelligence including pricing, reimbursement and product information Manage generic supply chain
Working closely with manufacturers and wholesalers, ensure in-stock position is maintained at all times
Manage drug shortage situations with internal and external stakeholders
Participate in development of product market & competitive intelligence database, tools and reports Participate on cross-functional project teams as required
This position has one direct report
- Requires a University degree
What You'll Need:
- Advanced analytical abilities with a sound knowledge of quantitative decision models
- Previous experience or proven skills leading and working within a team
- Well-rounded skills including with preferably 3-5 years experience in product management
- Knowledge or previous experience in the Canadian Pharmaceutical industry (Generic pharma experience preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, diplomatic team player with a proactive results orientation
- Able to work with minimal of supervision
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel and Access)
- Is comfortable within a fast paced environment which culturally is marked by being nimble and quick to respond to prevailing market conditions; must be comfortable working in a fast pace environment
- Is able to work in an almost hybrid fashion, have the required analytical skills but the capacity to move away from the numbers to communicate rationale for directives in front facing situations to all levels of management/peers and externally when required
- Can bring a well-rounded exposure that includes product management, market access and commercial success
Able to travel approximately 5-10% of the time
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts