Senior Manager, Business Development
Toronto Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: R2000007604
Employment Type: null
Job Id : R2000007604
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to develop relationships with pharmaceutical partners with the intent of attaining new business within one of our enterprise organizations - Shoppers Drug Mart and Loblaw retail pharmacies, Specialty Health Network, and MediSystem Pharmacies. The Business Development Manager must be able to develop, plan and coordinate strategic, persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince manufacturers to do business with us. Additionally the Business Development Manager will develop a rapport with existing clients and expand the scope of our services accordingly.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in the development and refinement of the Business Development Plan
- Impact profitability through the attainment of new business objectives
- Develop innovative and strategic proposals based on client opportunities
- Lead and conduct thorough responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Create, prepare and present enterprise credential presentations for new opportunities, as well as in response based RFIs and RFPs
- Develop standardized reports for Business Development tracking purposes. Reports should be focused on Manufacturers, Products, the Health-Care landscape, as well as other Market information.
- Consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new products, services and distribution channels
- Attend industry functions designed to increase relationships, grow the reputation of the enteprise as well as building awareness of the latest trends
- Assist with negotiating statements of work, drafting service agreements, terms and conditions, as well as contracts with either new or existing clients
- Drive Top Line financial growth for the enterprise
- Qualify new opportunities by contacting new and existing clients to uncover needs; develop and present solutions
What You'll Need:
- University degree with a concentration in Health Sciences, preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in strategic planning, sales and marketing in the pharmaceutical sector
- Familiarization in the specialty pharmacy and long-term care sectors
- Flexibility to travel (50-75%)
- Highly effective communication skills (oral and written), and well developed interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success in working effectively and collaboratively within a team environment.
Ability to work within a dynamic rapidly growing and evolving environment
- Excellent presentation, listening and consulting skills are essential
- Bilingualism (English, French ) would be an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts