Team Lead - Pharmacy Assistant (Automation)
Barrie Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: GTAZUUEV
Employment Type: Contract
Job Type: ContractApply Now
Job Id : GTAZUUEV
Job Id : GTAZUUEV
Job Ref 2016-392
Job Type Contract
Pharmacy Assistant Team Lead
The Pharmacy Assistant (PA) Lead will assist the Pharmacy Operations Management Team in overseeing the day to day workflow process of their department within Operations, and to ensure optimal customer service to MediSystem clients, the needs of the staff and the organization are met. The PA Lead will provide coaching, and leadership to their teams, and actively participate in providing expert support for the achievement of daily team and company objectives. The incumbent will facilitate an efficient, professional and responsible workflow for the team and ensure the successful integration of Pharmacy Assistants into the pharmacy. As a PA Lead, you will also be responsible for performing the functions of the Pharmacy Assistant as necessary, including proper fulfillment of orders.
- Oversee the workflow processes to effectively prioritize and manage efficiencies within your team.
- Act as a liaison between the Pharmacy Operations Management Team, and team members providing effective communication regarding team performance, workloads, and meeting the needs of the clients
- Organize and manage the workloads and priorities of the team
- Provide effective leadership and regular coaching to team members to maximize productivity and their development, and to keep them informed on current and new processes
- Regularly meet with the Pharmacy Management team as required, to share information, solve problems, improve efficiencies, and develop policies and procedures to ensure optimal pharmacy operations
- Regularly review operations and employee performance indicators, including necessary documentation to ensure objectives are met; with assistance from the Pharmacy Operations Management Team, ensure appropriate performance management practices are incorporated including onboarding of new hires, goal setting, regular feedback, progressive discipline, mid-year and annual reviews are conducted
- Collaborate with the Pharmacy Operations Management Team in setting the performance goals for the operation
- Ensure proper daily staffing levels to optimize performance of the operation and the staff.
- Ensure proper receipt, storage maintenance, and security of pharmaceuticals and other inventory, and company property
- Ensure effective integration of new team members to the organization
- Effectively communicate with customers to provide information and thorough feedback regarding their inquires
- Ensure the effective completion of all tasks within the operation
- Ensure employee compliance with guidelines and standards for the operation
- Ensure that proper customer service standards are set, in collaboration with Operations Manager, and ensure that the operation meets these standards
- Ensure ongoing staff communications on client service matters to ensure a high level of client satisfaction with MediSystem services.
- A minimum of three (3) years of pharmacy work experience
- A minimum of one (1) year of leadership experience; demonstrated ability to manage others and experience building highly effective teams, and a fun and rewarding culture
- Knowledge of current pharmacy operations an asset, however must demonstrate ability to acquire satisfactory working knowledge within 3 months
- Knowledgeable of drug names and the ability to interpret written prescriptions an asset
- Strong computer skills with the ability to navigate through a variety of computer systems quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent leadership, communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Team player and able to work with minimal supervision
- High attention to detail
This role requires employees to be flexible to work a variety of shifts during the business’ hours of operations, which include occasional weekend shifts and statutory holidays.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
For more information on our pharmacy services, please visit our website at: www.imedisystem.com.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts