Regional Loss Prevention Specialist
Toronto Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: R2000007965
Employment Type: null
Job Id : R2000007965
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
We are hiring a Loss Prevention Specialist – Central Southwestern Ontario (Focus on the GTA & Mississauga Area)
Reporting directly to the Regional Loss Prevention Manager, you will audit and monitor compliance of various operating policies, procedures and standards to ensure corporate assets are protected, reduce potential risks and increase profitability through reduction of losses. You will coach and train Associate Owners and their management teams on loss prevention techniques and methods to deter and identify thefts and frauds.
What You'll Do:
- Conducts regular reviews and loss prevention audits to identify discrepancies and provide feedback and training to Associates and management teams on corrective measures to reduce risks and losses.
- Provides expert advice on operational policy and procedures at all levels of the organization and store management to minimize and reduce losses to the company.
- Develops, communicates and monitors action plans for stores with moderate to high shrink to provide additional training and improve processes designed to minimize risks and loss.
- Investigates all suspected internal integrity issues and liaises with external agencies (police, financial, legal etc.) as appropriate to determine causes and resolve cases. Provides additional training and action plans to prevent loss recurrences.
- Conducts internal integrity interviews in a timely basis to identify theft and procedure violations.
- Visits all new, relocated, expanded or acquired stores to assess each location and ensure appropriate security measures are in place and make recommendations or changes as necessary.
- Attends store inventories to ensure compliance with operating standards and accuracy of count.
- Reviews documentation and various loss prevention reports to highlight variances, follow up on exceptions, investigate areas of concern and develop action plans to improve processes.
- Responds to emails and calls from stores and corporate staff to resolve issues or concerns efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Utilize and follow up on exception based reporting system to reduce shrink, identify potential loss and internal integrity issues.
- Support Business Unit partners and Central Office initiatives to reduce shrink.
What You'll Need:
This position requires a demonstrated level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, audits, investigations, and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
- Requires the ability to improve work processes and teams.
- Requires specialized interpersonal skills to resolve situations with colleagues where there may be some level of conflict, stress or uncertainty.
- Provides solutions by using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required.
- Utilizes decision making skills to determine the best use of resources and operational processes.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required.
- Computer skills to produce and interpret reports, documents and presentations. Knowledge of inventory management software, point of sale systems, security surveillance equipment.
- Business acumen - advanced understanding of quality standards relative to loss prevention.
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with associates, vendors and colleagues including senior management. Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Knowledge of investigative and interview skills, practices and procedures.
Must be flexible to work weekends (not every weekend - will rotate with the team).
The incumbent must possess and be able to demonstrate skills in investigation (including interviewing, problem solving, etc.), shrink reduction techniques and other Loss Prevention skills acquired through at least three years of Loss Prevention experience.
Post-secondary education or experience equivalent to a college diploma in criminal law, investigation or equivalent.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts