Expert - Functional Analyst
Toronto Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: R2000007966
Employment Type: null
Job Id : R2000007966
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Depending on the project, the Analyst is accountable to deliver either the overall E2E application functional design, the detailed component functional design, or both, based on a solution blueprint. The functional designs are to be comprehensive and to cover functional and non-functional requirements. The analyst is responsible to walk through the design with the Architect, all affected application functional leads, and then present to the business the design as it relates to the overall solution. The role is also responsible for overseeing the solution functional testing working in tandem with the developers, and in some cases test groups, to ensure the integrity of the solution prior to moving to QA. The analyst is also accountable to review production problem tickets and to drive solutions to resolve these tickets. Finally this role is responsible to work in sizing efforts for Annual Portfolio Planning (APP), enhancements and new projects based on high level business requirements.
- Application software subject matter expert: understands and documents current state, knowledge of application flow, data flow and integration methods.
- Strong analytical skills: able to interpret business needs and define technical solutions. Able to perform problem determination to get to root cause of application issues.
- Strong leadership skills: able to provide technical leadership to business solutions, problem determination, best practices and solution integration.
- Strong documentation skills: responsible for key application and project documentation including: defines system flows, technical specifications, assembles non-functional requirements.
- Strong communication: is able to describe solutions consistent with architectural standards and best practices. Able to describe technical issues in layman’s terms.
- With knowledge of the business requirements as documented, is accountable to participate in sessions with business stakeholders and system owners to elicit application systems goals that are realized in the application system solution to meet the business requirements.
- Accountable for gathering application systems specifications, including documentation and providing quality assurance on the requirements to ensure alignment with enterprise architecture and vision.
- Accountable for application system design, technical specifications, application gap analysis, non-functional requirements and recommending service level improvements to existing application systems.
- Accountable for application documentation including detailed system flow charts, data flow diagrams and application interfaces outlining processes and data mappings.
- Participates in root-cause analysis and resolution of application system issues that emerge through design and development, provides impact analysis of suggest changes to applications such as defect fixes.
- May be requested to conduct code reviews to ensure accuracy to technical specifications.
- Participates in the definition and preparation of software and/or services tenders, proposal evaluation, vendor selection and recommendation.
- Maintain an awareness of current and developing trends in relevant technologies, systems development methodologies and best practices.
- Maintain close ties with other Process and Technology departments including Business Analysts, Network Services, Service Desk, Shared Web Development Services and Engineering.
- May be required to support the team accountable to install, configure and troubleshoot system software for environment builds in support of project goals.
- Provides support to the Environment Leads and Infrastructure System Leads.
- Expert analytical and technical skills in gathering system requirements, logical data & process modeling,
- Superior hands-on troubleshooting and design/implementation experience
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, frameworks, and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Competent in all phases of systems analysis and knowledge of client business technologies and processes
- Ability to quickly grasp third party applications, vendor technical specifications and guides
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to communicate and obtain approval of recommended technical solutions
- Proven track record of teamwork, initiative and ownership to drive processes and solve problems
- Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details
- Strong documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Works well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Minimum 5 years of prior experience as Senior Analyst within an IT or technology department
- Experience gathering non-functional requirements
- Broad experience with a variety of environments, tools, languages, etc. (may include: SAP, ESB, JBOSS, ESB, SOM, SOA, SAAS deployment)
- Experience with SQL (querying, writing scripts)
- Experience in delivering vendor packaged solutions
- Experience in reviewing technical design documents
- SAP hands-on configuration experience, in at least one of the following modules: PLM,QM/QIM (certifications preferred) in a retail environment is preferred
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a recognized institution combined with related experience in systems development and programming languages and data processing techniques.
- Certificates, Licenses or Registration
- Technical designations an asset.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Requisition Number: R2000007966
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts