Property Tax Auditor
Toronto Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: R2000006304
Employment Type: null
Job Id : R2000006304
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Property Tax Auditor
What You'll Do:
- Respond to all property tax queries received from Landlord and/or internal stakeholders.
- Conduct comprehensive review of tax recharges received from Landlord to ensure in compliance with lease terms, legislation, and case law.
- Correspond with Landlords, and other representatives to obtain clarification and/or commence dispute of overcharges.
- Provide input and recommendations to Director to enable realistic planning and forecasting.
What You'll Need:
- 5 years experience in lease interpretation background and an AIMA designation is an asset
- Post-secondary education
- Is a self-starter, and possess strong time management, communication and problem solving skills
- Highly skilled at managing Landlord relationships
- Proven strong analytical and negotiation skills, and has demonstrated experience in the performance of tax compliance audits.
- An in-depth working understanding of commercial law/case law as it relates to the commercial real estate industry and municipal taxation.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts