Senior Manager, Marketing Finance
Toronto Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: R2000007976
Employment Type: null
Job Id : R2000007976
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Please note that this is a 14 month temporary position.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Finance, Merchandising & Promotion, you will take on a financial leadership role in several strategic aspects of the Company’s marketing operations. This position will take ownership over the accounting, planning and forecasting for marketing and promotional expenses, corporate administration and gift cards.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for the reporting, planning and forecasting of the SDM’s Marketing expenses.
- Partner with Marketing leadership and the various Marketing departments to provide value added analysis and the identification of key opportunities and risks within short term and long-range forecasts.
- Present financial results, forecasts and analysis to SVP, VPs and Directors in Marketing
- Responsible for the reporting, planning and forecasting of Corporate Admin expenses.
- Partner with the various business leaders across the organization to provide value added analysis and the identification of key opportunities and risks within short term and long-range forecasting.
- Partner with the business functions on special projects and synergy tracking to provide analysis and insights to assist in making business decisions.
- Finance lead for the gift card portfolio. Manage the SDM, B2B and 3rd Party gift card processes for activation, analysis and reconciliations.
- Work with Gift Card vendors, service providers and internal partners on reconciliations, process improvements, issue resolution and ad hoc projects.
- Prepare analytical schedules/documents and provide commentary on Marketing Expense and Corporate Admin activity for the financial reporting package and corporate reviews.
- Review journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations related to the marketing and admin accounts to ensure all accounts are properly documented, analyzed and balanced each period.
- Lead a team of three direct reports. Provide leadership and coaching to the team.
- Represent Marketing Finance on an ongoing basis in discussions with the business and assume leadership roles in accounting and financial matters as required.
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of accounting experience.
- Minimum of 2 years in a manager role.
- This position requires a University degree and CPA designation
- Proficient with Lawson is an asset
- Exceptional skills in MS Office specifically Excel and Powerpoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively communicate and deal with personnel at senior levels of the organization.
- Experience with SAP would be an asset but not required.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts